Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Jesus turned to Peter and said, "Get away from me, Satan! You are a dangerous trap to me. You are seeing things merely from a human point of view, and not from God's."

Peter was a follower of Christ and it seems here that he was called "Satan" by Jesus. Man, how much would that suck to hear these words from the most important man who would ever live.
I think of how I can relate to Peter. Always looking at things from my own perspective and not from God's. When I act on these earthly minded thoughts without taking the thought captive, I am not carrying out God's will but Satan's.

I am observing also, and I admit probably hoping, that Jesus was talking to Satan and not Peter. If this is true, it would be encouraging to me that Jesus is able to make a distinction between me and my foolish actions. Thus loving me the same but rebuking and correcting what I do.

No comments: