Wednesday, June 18, 2008

2 Peter 3:9

The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. - 2 Pe 3:9

Sometimes when I'm tired of this life, I'll say "Lord please come back soon.". In one way that is good for me to in anticipation of His coming. But other times I stop and think, "But my grampa hasn't turned to You yet.". This is a God given desire for people to be pulled out of the path to hell. God wants those people to be saved more than I do. In this passage it tells me that the very reason Christ hasn't come yet is because He is still preparing some to repent.
This morning I am feeling God say to me through this passage, "Go find those that I am preparing to repent. Warn them about my wrath. Reason with them. Explain to them that they are cut off from Me because of their sin. Explain to them that because I am good I can't forgive them because of my pure justice. Then explain to them that My Son was beaten, crucified, and rose on third day so that their sin would be paid for. Tell them that they need to turn from that sin and put their trust in the work of My Son on the cross. Tell them that He is the only way to come to Me. Ryan. I desire to use you, My child, to be a part of My work of saving souls. I desire to bless you in the process. Look to Me for strength, for the right words, for the satisfaction of your soul and fulfillment. I am waiting patiently for people to turn. But I am also waiting for you to speak to them."

No comments: