Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Psalm 36

Your unfailing love, O Lord, is as vast as the heavens;
your faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds.
6
Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains,
your justice like the ocean depths.
You care for people and animals alike, O Lord.
7
How precious is your unfailing love, O God!
All humanity finds shelter
in the shadow of your wings.
8
You feed them from the abundance of your own house,
letting them drink from your rivers of delight.
9
For you are the fountain of life,
the light by which we see.


The last five verses were just talking about the wickedness of man (read my last blog). Once I admitt that the last five verses is me , then I can appreciate these verses. Once I realize that I have a terminal disease, then I can appreciate the cure. The disease is sin. Sin is failing to love God and failing to put value on His glory. Even though He gives the common graces of food, shelter, the beauty of creation, life and breath, I still hated Him. There was no awe of Him in me. I was too stuck on myself to see my rebellion. I told myself that I was good and that God was bad. All my thoughts were void of the true God. O I made my own god in my mind that I was comfortable with, then said that I loved him and followed him. All the while I put no value to the One who has given me every reason to treasure Him.
Now that I am re-born; given new desires, desiring to please Him and hating my sin, I am freed up to treasure my Maker. I can see Him as my fountain of life and the light by which I see. And after I saw my sin as being piled up high, now I can see how His faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds. After I saw His righteousness and how it's like the might mountains, I now see my unrigteousness. After I saw His justice and how it is as deep as the ocean, I see now that because of the His pure justice, I had to be punished for my rebellion and failure to love and treasure Him. This punishment took place 2000 yrs ago when Jesus, the King of heaven, was condemned so I could be accepted by the Father. Praise God for His unfailing love!

No comments: