Friday, August 8, 2008

And said, "Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return there: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD"(Job 1:21)

Here Job has just lost all his possessions and his family accept his wife.

Shall we accept good from God and shall we not accept adversity"(Job 2:10)

Here Job is responding to his wife telling him to curse God and die. No doubt God used his marriage previously to allow Job to grow.
I am amazed at these words. For someone to go through such pain and suffering and still come back and say this. Wow. This is such an example to me. This is the kind of faith that I desire. Even though Job spends chapter three cursing the day he was born. This shows what was in his heart as a first response.
I also think about the purpose of all this suffering. Was it all for nothing? What was God doing. He is proving Job's character. Not only that but He was proving Himself in that the people who truly put their trust in Him will have stability and hope. Our God is worthy of this kind of trust.

No comments: