Monday, August 11, 2008

Job 6:14

1."One should be kind to a fainting friend, but you have accused me without the slightest fear of the Almighty.

2."To him who is afflicted, kindness should be shown by his friend,
Even though he forsakes the fear of the Almighty.


3."For the despairing man {there should be} kindness from his friend; So that he does not forsake the fear of the Almighty.

Here we have three different translations of Job answering his "friends". I haven't had the time to dissect this passage to find out what the correct rendering is but i think i can take wisdom from all three.

1.I should be afraid of accusing a man, who is right with God, of wrong. This would put me in the category of Satan who's name means accuser.

2.Kindness should be shown to my friend even if he is not fearing God in his actions. I should rebuke him as kindly as I could.

3.If i was despairing, I would want my friends to comfort me, not accuse me. I would want them to help keep me from forsaking the Lord in my distress.

No comments: