Thursday, August 7, 2008

Job

There was a man in the land of Uz whose name was Job, and that man was blameless and upright, one who feared God and turned away from evil.(Job1:1)

I'v started a read through of Job. As I go through, I will be underlining things that stuck out to me. I will be sharing what I like about these verses.

This introduction to the man Job is one that is not said of many. It almost looks like it is saying that he is perfect. Well we know according to the rest of scripture that God is the only one who is perfect. But it does say that he is blameless.
Blameless is not perfection. Blameless is setting straight what you've screwed up. It's admitting your wrong, not making exuses, and trying your best to change.
Upright is saying that he was a moral man. Probably cause he had only one wife while even David who was a man after God's own heart, had many wives.
He feared God and turned away from evil. This is the key. Fearing God. It is the fear of God and the awe of Him that will make me blameless, upright and cause me to turn form evil.

No comments: